We are always trying new recipes and one of my husbands favorite recipes
is Beef Stroganoff. Only I don't eat beef so this has never been made.
But to his request I tried it without beef with the same flavors as if
there was meat in it. I did use beef broth, but you can substitute that
for chicken or vegetable broth if you prefer to omit any beef from this
recipe. The mushrooms and onion give it a hearty consistency and flavor.
There are two ways that we tried this. One, with the zucchini noodles
raw. Just plate the raw zucchini, top with egg noodles, then add your
creamy mushroom sauce. Or Second, throw in the zucchini noodles into
your simmering sauce for about 3 minutes before serving.
1. Prepare zucchini noodles and cook egg noodles. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet, over medium heat, add olive oil, onion slices,
mushrooms, and any extra chopped zucchini ends that would not turn into
3. Saute for a few minutes until the onion starts to turn transparent in
color. Turn your burner down to low. Sprinkle with flour & beef
4. Add broth and milk. Stir until warm. Add sour cream OR Greek yogurt
OR cream cheese right before you are ready to serve and stirring until
melted and mixed in.
5. If you want raw zucchini, plate the zucchini and add egg noodles then
top with mushroom broth mixture. If you want cooked noodles, add them
into your mushroom broth mixture for 3 minutes before serving on top of